SARS-CoV-2 in Germany - Information
We provide two links about the corona pandemic where you could find all the updated information:
From Monday 27th Aprl 2020 on, Germany's 16 states have announced plans to make wearing (cloth) masks in shops and when using public transportation.
Update June 8th, 2020: The federal states and the federal government agreed on new rules and rules that still apply:
These are the new Corona rules (the reopenings are supposed to follow with strict guidelines):
- People from one household may get together with those from another household (up to 20 people)
- All restaurants and bars are allowed to reopen
- All shops are allowed to reopen
- Schools started step by step
- Gyms, School of music and arts are allowed to reopen
And these are old rules that still apply:
- People still need to keep their distance to each other. The minimum is 1.5 meters (5 feet).
- Large events such as concerts, festivals, soccer matches and other large sports happenings are forbidden until August 31st, 2020.
- Universities may open labs and other rooms needed for research on site if strict hygiene rules are being followed. Archives and libraries may open under the same condition. Further infromation can be found on the website of the Heidelberg University.
All listed information above can be found in this pdf file, the "Ordinance of the State Government on Infection Protection Measures against the Spread of the SARS-Cov-2 Virus" in the version from June 2nd, 2020 on in English, provided by the state of Baden Württemberg.
Note that some rules were slightly different in different states, in particular concerning the closure of universities. The link explains the new laws in German, but also provides information in foreign languages.
The MPIA and the University institutes, and also IMPRS, have been a virtual institute over the last days. This is a preventive measure and will apply initially until end of June, 2020. The IMPRS Office can be reached via email.
Concerning the lecturing, teaching activities, we definitely could not return to normal university life at the semester start. The Heidelberg University starts to open step by step.
Here is a link to the Heidelberg University website on corona virus-related information which will be updated regulary.
The MVAstro 1 block course on Astronomical Techniques taught by Eva Grebel is offered via Zoom. Please send an email to her if you want to participate.
Concerning the IMPRS seminars we are discussing solutions. The IMPRS seminar of the 14th generation, taken place in Trifels, has been cancelled to November 2020.
Update April 2, 2020: PhD examina: two options will be offered, in brief:
1) Remote exam: with candidate and chair examiner only in the room; other examiners connected via heiCONF; entry to the building controlled
2) As usual: but in a different, larger room as usual ("GoldBox", INF 226, ground floor). Examiners will be requested to confirm their availability. No audience allowed. Also no other people allowed in the building (parents, friends, ...)
Please contact the HGSFP well in advance to your exam.